Notice a theme in my title?† The 2 things that are Keilee’s passions.† She got huge helpings of both this past week.
We went to a Dog Parade for Mardi Gras.† They had the cutest dogs.† Keilee begged and pleaded to take Nomad but seriously our dog is lovely and sweet alone with us but he is CRAZY in public.† So we just watched this time.† All these pictures were taken by Kei.
Monday we were able to go to a FREE Jack Hanna show.† Keilee maneuvered her way until we were able to sit dead center on the front row.† She has lots of experience with that at church.† She insists on sitting on the front row at church and I kid her that she acts like she is going to a concert the way she pushes [nicely] her way to the front.
He brought some fascinating animals.The bird is called a Red Legged Seriema who grabs his prey and slams it against a rock.† It was SO cool to watch!† Once again all pictures were by Keilee.
A video to share:† Keilee doing a one handed cartwheel at play practice.
Other things Keilee did this week included:
- We are reading “Jesus Calling“ together every morning and also “21 Teen Devotions for Girls”
- Keilee worked all week on a lapbook I got from Hands of a Child last week during their 10th Anniversary blowout sale.† It is Veterinary Science and Animal Care.† While she doesn’t want to be a Vet this has great info on animals.
- We put up a new Bird feeder.† All our feeders are in the backyard and we can’t see them from our living room.† It took about a week for the birds to discover it and about 3 days for the squirrels to find it.† The squirrels can’t reach it and we have laughed ourselves silly watching them try to get to it.† Needless to say Nomad isn’t happy about wildlife outside “HIS” window.
- We found a new game at the thrift store and have enjoyed playing.† It is called “Knowledge” It is VERY similar to Trivia Pursuit.† I spent hours and hours and hours of my life playing that game years ago.
- Keilee started a new blog about a month ago called “Teens Can Change the World“.† It coincided with her 13th birthday. † She has really blown me away with the topics she has written about.† Check it out if you get a chance.† She said to me, “Mom please mention it on your blog so people will maybe read it” † My FAVORITE post she has written is “We Allow That?“
- Vine has had an update with a BLOCKING function.† I love it, we love it.† It is so awesome to see 6 second snippets from people all over the world.† Plus Keilee has decided to get really creative in her videos.† I love anything that inspires her creativity.
And the BIG news this week is that Keilee got a phone call from the Vet that she sent the letter to.† She starts next Friday doing an internship each Friday from 8-12.† She is freakingoutjumpingupandownsquealinglikeamouse excited.† The Vet told me that she would be cleaning cages, walking dogs, giving baths among other things.† Also that she could sit in on surgeries if she wanted to.† They also do large animals and she may get the chance to go on some calls for those.† I would go with her on these visits.† I love the fact that she is just turned 13 and already being able to do these things.
The weather has been semi nice this week but a cold front is moving in with a chance of snow.† We shall see.
So there’s our week…how was yours?
ìPetting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer.î ~Dean Koontz
“Lots of people talk to animals…. Not very many listen, though…. That’s the problem. ” ~Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh