I love the Friday posts.† I am just in awe of those of you who posts several times a week. I just can’t do it.† Well I guess I could but it takes a lot of time.† Does everyone do Friday Collage like I do?† First of all I dump my phone pictures into Dropbox and go through them.† I take MAINLY iPhone pictures.† I then get the pictures off of my camera if there is any.† Then I edit the pictures and do the collages in Picasa.
What I love about these ‘Friday Wrap Up/Collage’ posts is in weeks that I think, “Good grief we didn’t do anything productive” I realize we did.
Monday at Co-op they made Cherry Pie Cupcakes in honor of President’s Day.† They colored the icing to look like pie crust.
Then in cooking they made a 4 course meal in 1 hour.† Then set up everything after Co-op for the families to all eat.† It was so good.† Caesar salad with homemade croutons, Breadsticks with dipping oil, Green Beans with mushrooms and onions and Stuffed Shells. For dessert it was homemade brownies with ice cream and fudge sauce.
We also got to go to the Shanghai Circus this week with a homeschool group.† It was AMAZING!† Gymnastics is another of Keilee’s loves.† Even though she doesn’t take Gymnastics she watches YouTube videos all the time.† She has taught herself to do so many things.† She leaned over to me at one point and said, “Davan could do all of these things!”† Just wanted to share Nicholina. † She took all these pictures from the balcony. Way up in the balcony.††
These were some of Keilee’s favorites.
When we got home she kept talking about how much she would love to do something like that, so we looked up Shanghai Circus.† They don’t live with their families, they travel all the time and practice hours a day.† We talked about the fact that if you love something so much and want to do that always, it takes so much time and practice.† We tried to figure up how many hours she has spent on acting….thousands between practices, at home practice and performing.
She spent a lot of time on an Animal Study she is doing on her own.† I tried to get her to come watch something with me one night but she said she would rather work on it.
She is now at her first day at the Animal Clinic.† I am going to wait to post this because she said she would take pictures for my blog.† [I have so raised her right huh?]
I just picked her up and it was so funny to hear her rattle on about everything she did.† She got to walk dogs, fold towels, play with dogs and cats, help hold down a dog for clipping, put together tons of syringes [without the needle Mom!], learn about the blood machine, put dogs in their kennels† and watch a SPAY!† Not a bad first day. Here are a few pictures she was able to take.
Things she has done this week include:
- Working on a project within Webkinz.† She is doing a comparison on her vegetable garden and determining which crop is the most profitable to raise.† She is making charts and reports. She is keibell if any of your kids play.† She and Mary’s daughter have been sending each other all kinds of goodies.
- Doing a few lessons on Khan Academy
- Reading Book 1 of “The Lion, the Witch and The Wardrobe”
- She spends a lot of time on this site.† Brain Genie You must all check it out.† It is free and you can play against other people if you want, completely anonymous and also do a ‘lesson’ sort of thing.† It is my favorite resource this week.
- Her Animal project
- We finally caught up on “Once Upon a Time“† LOVE this show!† We had watched a couple of them, then stopped.† The complete 1st season is on Netflix streaming and all of this season is on HuluPlus.
- Watched the final episode of Downton Abbey.† Still speechless.
- She wanted me to print out some Grammar worksheets which I did.
- We are doing the SAT question of the day.† It is a free app.† She is rocking all the questions except the Math.
- Part of what I like Keilee to do every week may be kinda strange to some of you.† I encourage her to spend time on Social Media.† I think that this is going to be more and more important.† I want her to Instagram and Vine and search for things on YouTube and find things that are ‘trending’.† She isn’t much into Facebook but she enjoys the other things.
- She is working on this lapbook.† It is US History from 1909 until 2009. It is so funny because I always loved the idea of lapbooks but she didn’t. All of a sudden she loves them. Which is good since I have bought or gotten free probably 75 over the years.
- She continues to work on her blog Teens Can Change The World
WATCH THIS VIDEO! NOW!† I saw a link to this on Helena’s husbands Facebook.† We watched it, twice.† I kinda think Keilee has a little crush on Logan.† Well as ‘crushing’ as Keilee gets. Her words, “He is cute and smart”.† I love the things he does for his ‘hackschooling’ and am planning on spending some time seeing if I could implement some of these ideas.† LOVE IT!!
So there is our week.† We have a busy weekend and Keilee’s play is in a couple of weeks.† All good fun.
“I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.î ~Socrates
ìJust as eating against oneís will is injurious to health, so studying without a liking for it spoils the memory, and it retains nothing it takes in.î† ~Leonardo Da Vinci
ìSelf-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.î† ~Isaac Asimov