Some weeks I just feel like I have nothing much to say.† This week is one of those weeks.† It isn’t that we didn’t do anything because there is always things going on.† I find myself taking fewer pictures than I usually do.† And 99% of them are with my iPhone.
That being said here is our week.
The BIG NEWS is I got Keilee an iPad Mini.† Now we have an iPad but we were always fighting over it.† I find myself using my iPad more and more and my PC less and less.† Her laptop had completely stopped working and it was on its last leg anyway so we talked about it and she decided she would rather have a Mini than a computer.† I tried to talk her into a regular iPad but she wanted the Mini.† She LOVES it.† This is the most expensive single thing I have ever bought her.† I was so happy that I could do this for her.† I think since it is ‘hers’ she likes it more.† She can set up Instagram and Pinterest and things like that.† She has been a PINNING FOOL this week.† She started out with 7 pins from the account she had months ago to almost 300!!
Lots and lots of play practice.† Show Week is next week and we will both be a little glad for a break.† We just always have so much going on and practice 3 nights a week is a lot.† Keilee’s role is very cute.† She is playing a very annoying wedding circulation planner.† She is also very uncomfortable in the tighter of the 2 dresses.† She NEVER wears things like this!† The boy in the picture is the same age as her!† It is so obvious that girls mature earlier than boys for the most part.
After we had sliced an avocado, Keilee looked up how to grow the pit and decided to try. We don’t really live in a warm enough climate but she still wanted to try.† We can already see changes.
1.† Keilee is working on a 20th Century Lapbook. She showed me how she added her own description of Hitler.
2.† Co-op.† This has been such a positive experience for us both.† Keilee has got the best friends there and they always have such a ball.† The girls are all within 1 year of each other.† Their teacher was sick last Monday so they made a video with Video Star.† I was in the next room and all I heard was laughter and singing and talking.
3. Coding† She is working through the Computer Science classes on Khan Academy.† Very cool.† Already she is doing things I have no clue about.
4. A SteamPunk dollhouse she is working on.† This mess would have driven me crazy at one time. Now I just take deep breaths….
What we are reading:
Daily Devotion: Jesus Calling
Read Aloud: Wonder [Thanks Jess!]
I am reading:† I just finished the 3rd book in the “Matched” trilogy; “Reached“† I loved these books.
Now I started the final book in the “Pandemonium” trilogy; “Requiem“.† Love, love.
Keilee is reading:† “This Book is Not Good for You“† It is Book 3 in a series that she loves.† LOVES!!
Audio Book:† We are listening to “The Hobbit”
What we are watching:
Keilee found this show called “My Fair Wedding” that she likes. It’s a’ight.† I don’t love ‘wedding’ shows. † We are also watching “Castle” our favorite show and “Once Upon a Time”.† Those are really the only 2 series shows that we watch every week.† Keilee is always watching documentaries but I am not sure which ones she watched this week.† I also just got the first 2 discs of “7th Heaven” I never watched that show but we have heard or read about 3 references to it lately so I decided to check it out.
- Khan Academy
- Lapbook of Modern History
- Art Journaling
- Lots of reading
- Lots of Pinterest
- Reading about Animals, Animals and did I mention Animals?
- Working hard on a SteamPunk dollhouse she is making out of boxes.
- Lots of Coding and Computer Science
- Working on her ideas for a new Video channel she is a part of
- Play Practice
- Working on her script for “WonderGlass”
- Watching “Mysteries In History” on Netflix [she really loves these]
- She is working through this book I got on Amazon.† I had found the Teacher workbook at a thrift store jammed full of great resources so I ordered her the book. She reads the chapter and does the questions on her own.
- At her Internship she watched a dog that was getting an abcess drained.† [Gross huh?]. She is still walking the dogs and doing lots of jobs around the clinic.† She even MOPPED the floor! She has never mopped a floor here!† She also made what we call “Doo-Doo Cookies” to take Friday.† She said they loved them.
- She has watched several Crash Course videos.† We are HUGE fans of John and Hank Green.† I love† John Green.† If you haven’t checked out their YouTube channel I would highly recommend it.† One thing I love about John Green is he is a Christian. He actually wanted to be a Minister at one point in his life.
- Drawing on the iPad
- Instagram.† I love Instagram.† One thing I love about it is how Keilee and I have both gotten to know my blog friends kids better.† I love seeing all of their pictures and seeing the dialogue that goes on between all these homeschooling girls all over the country.
I will leave you with a little Spring.† I am so ready for it, aren’t you?
Well I guess I had more to say than I thought.† How was your week?
“March is a month of considerable frustration – it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity in our yards seems light years away.” ~ Thalassa Cruso